Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm baaaaaccccckkkkkkk.....................


I apologize for my eventful absence but I've been on the road for a very, very long time. So, I'm going to attempt to rack my brain for the sordid details of the past three months and summarize.
Yesterday: Daddy finally got a new pair of shoes for his g-ride. Translation: I went to Discount Tire and finally got new tires. I was able to put this one off since March of this year as I was renting enough cars that I only needed to drive mine to the bars and back when in town. After that, I spent the evening with some friends at a Ribfest in downtown Indy and then did a little bowling and saw a comedy show. Mucho fun-o.

Friday: Was one of like three people at work. Took a long lunch with my old supervisor, Dan. Hit up the YMCA after work. Nothing like communal showers and a bunch of old dudes wandering around nakid. I've gotten smart about getting back in shape these days and have been taking advantage of spa time to keep the muscles relaxed. I caught "Pineapple Express" afterwards and then went to Fox n Hound for a nite cap. Funny, my old crew got fired except one guy so I don't know any bartenders. Or so I thought. One bartender looked a bit familiar. He used to bar-back back in the day and finally turned 21 so now he's the Man.

Last week: Sunday got in some good sun and booze at the pool. Made a couple of single serving friends and went to dinner with them at Fox n Hound. 1st time I've been back there since April. The old crew got fired so I don't have the hook-up over there anymore. Probably a good thing. I joined the YMCA through work on Monday. I put on about 10lbs drinking and stressing work all summer in Detroit. Got a 10 year High School reunion coming up. I'm going mainly to let everyone know I'm still alive. Plus, I figure I haven't done shit in the past ten years that would warrant my absence from a reunion.

Week before last: I spent the week at the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, MI wiht AM General for work. I've been working too much lately and had a major brain breakdown. I was messing around with one of my friends from AMG and wrote "Kyle Sucks!!" in spray chalk on the ground. It was pretty funny but the project leader got a little upset. I went to wash it off and it turns out temporary spray chalk is more permanent than one would think. I bought a grill brush and got it cleaned up. Its good to get in a little trouble from time to time as it reminds one to behave. Work was good and productive that week. More than its been in a while. The project leader is kinda of scatter-brain and doesn't manage the project very well. He likes driving the truck more than doing his job in my opinion. Normally, I wouldn't care so long as I get my work done but this project has worn me thin so I'm burned out on patience.

Week before that: I had to go to Canada for work. I left from Detroit from AMG. My boys at AMG had messed up my rental car the friday before and luckily I put it back together before crossing the border. The patrol was doing a "blitz" on single passenger vehicles. I got searched and had to go through Customs. Work fucked me again and I show up to a customer with a software solution that had no chance in hell of working. Way to go Dan for setting that one up and then quiting. It really burns when people I have to rely on half-ass it. Canada was okay except they kept focusing on the Candian Olympians instead of the Americans like they should have. I heard a blip on the radio on my way back and Canada was claiming that American fast food will kill you and for Canadians to not immigrate over. Kool with me.

Week and a half before that: I had to go back to AM General to refurbish some of the equipment cause we're taking the truck on a three state tour of Colorad, Nevada and Utah in September. I was back with my AMG boys. I've become good friends with a few of them and get out in the evenings for general debauchery. At this point, I'd been on the road about three weeks straight so it was time to hit up a "gentlemen's club". Good old 8 mile. Its weird but Livonia, MI is starting to feel more like home than Indy. I need to get back and stay put for a bit, badly.

Week before that: My supervisor quit and left me with a bunch of work to do. I was hoping that the exhibit at the EAA show in Oshkosh, WI would be cancelled but instead work decided to that I was expendable and capable enough to run the show by myself. Yeah, big F-U Pi. I took the opportunity to make a pit stop on the way up to see my Goddaughter. She's getting big and adorable as ever. I think I have a face-melt picture I can insert here.




Oshkosh was okay. I'm not big into airplanes and was mostly doing work for AMG on my laptop the whole time. I told Pi that I'm in no way trying to be a sales engineer. My brother and uncle were able to come up and catch the show. We got to see the F-22 do its thing and some really cool warbirds with some pyrotechnics of C-4 and gasoline.

Week before that: I was finally back in Indy for a few days. Had to catch up with a lot of people. Work made me take two days off. Didn't matter, customers called my cell phone with shit for me to do. Got to get in some sun at the pool so that was good. Went to see Batman at an IMAX. That movie rocked!!! I was surprised to see that it was PG-13. Even without the blood and gore it was an awesome movie. I think the franchise is doing well without blood n guts. Its a shame Heath Ledger is dead. I swear hollywood actors need a frigging babysitter 24/7 to keep them alive.

Week before that: I went to Chippewa, South Bend, IN for some good old off-roading with AMG. I was piggy-backing this trip with a trip to Mid-Ohio to support an IRL race. I mis-calculated my travel time and had to drive 5 long hours after working all day with AMG to get to the middle-of-no-where Ohio. But I was supporting with my buddy, Neal, so I didn't mind it. It was a good race weekend and I elbowed Danica Patrick on accident in the boob area. My 15 seconds of fame. She's tiny in real life and walks around like a jerk. I'd still give her the time of day ;-)

Week before that: Spent more time at AMG working on the truck. My supervisor put in his 2 week's notice. I saw it coming. Pi is jerking new business individuals around so there's not much point in staying to sell shit that won't work outside of a race car. I'm going to hang in for a bit. Not cause I like Pi all that much but I want to be settled for a bit and I like Indy.

Okay, I've been writing and watching a movie for over an hour so I'm going claim a mental shutdown and end this post. I'll toss a bunch of random photos from the "Summer of George".....................

No comments: