Saturday, September 13, 2008

BTFU!!!!

Boiler Up, baby!!!! Last Saturday we kicked off the 2008 Boilermaker Season. I'm not going to lie.......it got a little nutty. Ankles were sprained.......sunburns acquired.........families re-united........and the Boilermakers kicked some arse!!!! Sure, Northern Colorado might be the equivalent of a high school football team but we sure handed them their collective butts. Kudos to Ben and Gennie for making kick-ass shis-ka-bobs. Kudos to me for beating everyone (ie myself) in flippy-cup. Kudos to the sun for burning our raw flesh. My shoulder is almost done with its "leprosy" phase and may return to 3rd degree burn in the next six months :-/ Good times at Purdue as always. I've got a cousin that just started school their, which means I've got a hook up for partying for the next 4+ years ;-) Naw, as my brother put it, we getting old. Not too old but old enough to not run with this college kids anymore.
As always, my weekend got cut a few hours short by work. I had to duck out early on Sunday (after I awoke from my alcohol coma) to get back to Indy to get a rental car to drive to my 2nd home (Detroit) for a meeting on Monday. Here's a bit of good advice, if you take a day off of work, don't check your work email. I was intending to be in Detroit only monday but because I checked my email on my day off (Friday), I was now committed to 3 days in the "D". Worse yet, the meeting on Monday justified me not needing to be there so I jumped over to AM General for a day on Tuesday and then had to juggle the new customer, AMG and an Aviation customer on Wednesday. I don't think I have a stomach lining anymore. Actually, sub-consciously, I've been clenching my jaw due to stress and my jaw is sore like a $3 street-walker. Anywho, so, back on the road again. Got home for a few days this week. Leaving tomorrow........on a jet plane.........don't know when I'll be back again..........well.......actually, I'll be back on Sunday but that ruins the point ;-) Fudge it, here's some photos.........enjoy...............













No comments: