Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I swear I know you from somewhere...................

Ever have one of those days........or week............or life where you wonder would anyone notice if you just stopped showing up? I'm the type of guy that wears headphones all day long to blot out the ambient bull in the office. Most people don't bother trying to talk to me unless its work related or its lunch time and they want me to drive. So, as I wander through my meek existence like that geeky-timid chick from "What Women Want", I sometimes wonder if anyone would even notice if I went missing. Due to a recent aggressive gym schedule, I didn't style my hair today cause there was no point. I got stopped by almost everyone in the office, asking me what's up with my hair. Apparently, I'm the "hair guy" and unless my do is up off my forehead, the day cannot go on. I was almost sent home to get my shit together. No gold star for me today :-(

Sooooooooooo...............I guess I've been a bit absent................awkward.......... Well, let's sum up the past couple of months. Did a little dance, forgot to make a little love, pretty much got down tonight. For real, October was okay. I had the daunting task of organizing my brother's girlfriend's birthday party so he could focus on proposing to her. She said "yes" but I sensed the hesitation ;-P No matta cause now I'm officially the "Last Man Standing"...........which is so sad that I weep whilst typing. Halloween was pretty cool also that month. November started good with Purdue making Michigan their collective bitch in football. I took some vay-kay and went to Balitmore to see the Notre Dame vs Navy game. We got rained on and some Navy fans took pity on us and shared their tailgate. I caught a cold and in an effort to get more vay-kay I worked myself to the bone and was sick the entire week of Thankgiving. You know they say "whiskey cures a cold".....well turns out it takes a whole fifth of Jack to make the "magic" happen ;-)

Well, now brings us to December. I've been taking more vay-kay but in my absence the "Powers that Be" at work decided the economy tanking is my fault and the entire office got denied an Xmas bonus, an Xmas party and a pay raise for next year. The beatings will continue until morale improves........... Actually, I took it upon myself to improve morale and organized a Xmas happy hour with my coworkers. We had a decent turn out and all agreed it was best that we did something as a company. Now, I'm one day away from the last day of work for me in 2008. I'm so excited.........I'm scared............

No comments: