Monday, January 12, 2009

The hunt is on.....

I went out for a night on the town with some friends that I hadn't seen in a while this past Saturday. We went to an upscale bar in Broad Ripple that is for late 20s early 30s folks (ie plays music from the 90s that only we would know). I was out for a few hours dancing the night away when I decided to call it a night and go home. Well, it was still early, like 1am, and a pop-in to the Fox n Hound has never hurt me. So, I drop in and the place is kinda quiet. I grab a seat at the bar next to the Mega Touch video game machine. I order up a beer and decide to drop a few dollars in the Mega Touch. I'm playing some game that required my attention when this girl comes up to me and starts chatting like we're old college buddies and haven't seen each other in a couple weeks. Out of sheer curiosity, I play along and keep the conversation going. I also notice that another girl has flanked me on my left side and is chatting some bloke at the bar. Eventually, my game ends and my new friend wants to introduce me to her friend (on my left). Then, the first friend fucks off and leaves me with 2nd new friend. Turns out, these ladies saw me in the Hound on New Years day, watching the Rose Bowl, and the 2nd friend called "dibs" on me to all her girlfriends but I had left that day before she could talk to me. To make matters more awkward, this girl knew everybody in the bar so I had all kinds of eyes on me watching my every move. Strangely, even less awkward, we were playing the Penthouse Photo Hunt on the Mega Touch for like 1.5 hours. Really made for a crazy finish to the night. I think the moral of the story is to never pass up on a bar and always stay later than you originally planned so as to not miss out on a future "Mrs. Wrong" ;-) Yeah, this girl reminds me of a girl from my past but that's a story for another time.............

No comments: