Monday, February 16, 2009

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.........

Ever have one of those existential days that leave you more depressed than when the day started? Me too. But, only on the days that end in "y". Maybe its just the state of everything going on in the world or maybe its recent developments within my own life but even as topsy-turvy as it gets, I still feel like I'm standing still while the world sorts stuff out and I'm still at the starting line. Maybe its just a case of the Mondays or maybe I've grown female parts.....or maybe its Michael Bolton on my Ipod.
Anywho, been a bit since I last blogged. Since last I was here, I tried to stop the dude-love by finally resigning my match.com membership. I thought that would've been difficult as I was addicted but I swapped out match.com for Facebook.com and am still hooked on the white horse. Facebook has been fun but too many people I didn't even talk to in my past are trying to be my friend. Probably cause they want to up their friendship numbers. Always the bridesmaid never the bride, I guess.

One of my personal goals this year was to end the "man-dates". Not having much luck. I went out with one chick that tanked on the second date. But on my most recent man-date, the server thought I was cute and dropped me her number. Of course this pissed off my mate who's comment was "All you have to do is just show up...". In my defense, I've been in the gym like 5 nights a week and I finally got a hair cut, no more shaggy dog, so I was looking pimped by all measures. Anywho, I went out with the server last week but am doubtful of any good outcomes.

Actually, I'm not going to lie, today's f*ck-pie started with my waking up alone and wondering when am I going to get back into a real relationship and then turning the blade over and thinking how much I hate real relationships and their bullshit. Then, a facebook friend of mine, who is this hot girl I met at breakfast club in 2007, posted a status that I commented on and she commented back and I got to checking out her profile and was pissed that she lives in San Fran as we had originally hit it off. Point being, when do I get my hot chick to share in my shitty life in Indianapolis. I'm mean, come-the-f*ck-on, already. I've got cheap furniture, a crappy job that constantly causes heartburn, four food items in my fridge and no real hope of bettering myself other than constantly working out as its all I can afford to do these days. What girl wouldn't want a piece of that? Exactly. Beeping exactly.........
Okay, not going to end on a sour note. Had some fun this year with the man-dates. Went to a hockey game, monster truck rally, Pacer's game and some general bar-hopping. Going to Naw 'Leans in March for St. Paddy's day so that should be fun. Hopefully, I'll get to New York this spring and cruise the Big Apple. Got to really shake-n-bake this year and have some fun. Peace..........

No comments: